Return to Work Coordinators
Role is to coordinate return to work in the workplace.
The role and responsibilities of the RTW Coordinator include:
- coordinating rehabilitation and return to work
- developing and coordinating the offer of suitable employment and return to work plan
- treating the injured and/or ill nurse with care as an individual
- developing and maintaining relationships with the injured and/or ill nurse, their NUM/ANUM, and treating medical practitioners – but should not breach privacy
- facilitating open communication with the injured and/or ill nurses, their NUM/ANUM, and treating medical practitioners, and other relevant parties
- educating injured and/or ill nurses, their NUM/ANUM, and treating medical practitioners of the rehabilitation process and their roles and responsibilities
- arranging regular reviews and modifications of the return to work plan, including practical review in the work environment to see how injured and/or ill nurses are managing their injury and/or illness and RTW
- where appropriate identifying early with the injured and/or ill nurse retraining and employment opportunities within the organisation that are aligned with medical restrictions
- addressing issues before they impact on the rehabilitation of the injured and/or ill nurse
- having a comprehensive understanding of the injured nurse’s injury and/or illness, its causes and of the work environment.